Monday, January 15, 2018

Rescuing the Sister Missionaries, Progress with Investigators

Happy Monday momma. How are things there in the beautiful land of Utah?? As for me here in Alerce, things are doing really great here!:) We aren’t going to be able to baptize Consuelo (from the family Alverado) this Saturday because she didn’t come to church this last week.. but it’s all good. She is doing awesome and she is very excited for her baptism this next week on the 27! Also on Sunday, Elvis and Liliana, our other family that we are teaching, came to church and presented their baby boy!:) It was so cool and one of our members just showed up to church with a friend (now investigator) who isn’t a member and introduced him to us.:) It’s so crazy. We get so many referrals from our ward and sector here!!

With the cambios last Wednesday, we were in the terminal all day helping missionaries get to their sector!:) It went really well. A drunk guy came into the terminal and started talking to the sisters and they got scared so they asked me to talk to him. I went with him outside and talked to him for a little while. He was actually a really cool guy but it was sad to see how alcohol had destroyed his life.... but other than that, it was a good day without many problems.

Also we got to watch the funeral on Friday. It was soooo good. I love Pres. Monson! It’s gonna be sad to not have him here, but we still have his talks and all from the past; and now we have Pres. Nelson!:) He is an amazing man as well!:) I didn’t know that the catholic church in SLC rang their bells for President Monson when they were moving the casket, that’s way cool!! It’s so awesome how Pres. Monson was friends with everyone, everyone who came in contact with that man was loved and immediate friends with him.:)

Also my ankle is doing a lot better; and its true, it was so cool that the other Elders could come help a little in our sector. I’m so blessed here in this Zone!!:)

I asked him what he learned when he was down for a bit with his ankle and here’s what he replied with: I learned a lot of things, one of which is that I don’t like not being able to leave and go work. So definitely patience and also the difference that health can make in your day to day life. I definitely think that it makes one think a lot more and be a lot more thankful for the small things that we have!

That’s so crazy that this last week was so warm; but I hope that you have some snow this next week or this next summer could be really interesting without any water... haha. That’s sweet also that you, CJ and dad went to the train show!:) I love going to that! I bet they saw some cool stuff and where are my pics?? You been slackin’ a little! haha.

I hope you have an awesome week and I hope to hear back from you soon!!:) I love you to infinity and beyond!:)

Love you!!:)
Shawners

(Regarding Bri Thomas) PS, What???? Where is she going?¿? I only heard she decided to go on a mission not that she got her call. (clearly I need to update him on a few things haha).







No comments:

Post a Comment