Monday, July 18, 2016

Villarrica for Another Cambio!!!

Well yes I get to stay with Elder Thomas for the rest of my training so that is awesome!!! But next transfer I definitely think he is going to get put up to Zone Leader but we will see. Well this week was a crazy week. We spent Monday and Tuesday traveling and in Osorno but we got all of the paper work done for Elder Thomas so that is good.:) But on Tuesday I stayed with the zone leaders in Valdivia while Elder Thomas went to Osorno with some other elders. But it was just a crazy beginning to the week because of transfers and everything. But it all worked itself out and we got home (Villarrica) Tuesday night. Then we had to do a lot of studying on Wed. and Thurs. to catch up on my training. But we got a lot of contacts in and some lessons with people we found knocking doors. Basically a lot of walking around in the rain this week.:) A lot of our citas or meetings we set up, there was no one home when we went; but we set more up for this week so I’m stoked!!:) And we went to Panguipulli on Friday for Consejo de lideres like every week and the zone leaders had to loan us money to get home because we have no money till Wednesday... haha.

Well yesterday this drunk guy came and started talking to us and was actually really nice. We were talking to him about who we are and how we can be better people with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Then he was like that’s good we all need to be better people in life... haha so that was cool, but I hope that he will call us later because we gave him a card with our number. Also yes the Arroz Con Leche is bomb and we made it this morning!!! I’ve got some other recipes from members and Pato as well.:) It is hard though cause no one really measures here. They just throw stuff in and it tastes good... Well if you wait for 2 years I can come and make some bomb Arroz con Leche for you.:) haha

Ok I will try to send a short description of the pictures when I send them, but it all depends on how much time I have in the cyber that day. Also yes I love my backpack. It’s super light but the zipper on the side in the back IS NOT water proof. It got a little water in my back pack (but I mean we walked all day in the rain). So I think Elder Thomas' backpack is better for a more water tight one. And yes the puddles are fun to jump in but then I get soaked cause the puddles are huge!! But yes my shoes are awesome and I’ve only been using one pair and then I’ll switch if something happens to these.

That sounds like a good week!! That is really cool about forgiveness. I never thought about it that way either. Also about the garden that is cool. Also this week I had to talk in church and was invited to talk about the First Vision. So I asked myself, I know the first vision is important but why? Why was it so significant? Why didn’t God just tell Joseph Smith through the Holy Ghost? Well there are several really cool reasons to this that I didn’t know. 1-The first vision was the witness that God and Jesus are 2 separate beings. 2-God never stopped talking to his people. 3-There were NO true churches on the earth at this time. 4-That God knows all of his children by name. This last point is the point I love the most because God loves us, all of his billions of children that he knows us personally by name. Also that he has given us prayer so that we have a personal communication with him. This is what Joseph did and that is why the restoration of the gospel started. If we have the faith to study the scriptures and pray about anything we have questions about in our life, I testify that the Lord will answer them. He is always there and waiting and willing to help us.:)

That is all for this week. Love you mom!! Talk to you next week!!

Elder Spencer (Shawners)

Herbal tea time with Elder Thomas

Catholic cathedral in Panguipulli


Volcano was beautiful today.

Sunset after the rain stopped

Gutters during the rain. It looked like a waterfall!

Gutters during the rain. It looked like a waterfall!


No comments:

Post a Comment