Monday, September 11, 2017

Crazy Week of Cambios

This last week was really crazy yes but it went really well. In terms of visits and lessons with investigators, it was a hard week..:) On Tuesday I received all the luggage of the new missionaries coming in and had to store it in our church. Then on Wednesday I sent a couple other missionaries to help transport the new missionaries luggage to the terminal where I was basically all day long!:) But it actually went really well for how many people we had there. We got all the missionaries out to their new sectors and it was with little to no problems!:) Then Thursday we went to visit Maria. She still is pretty sick but at least she could talk and we cut some wood for her. I was very happy to do that!:) Then later that night we got to play basketball!

On Friday we had a lesson with our investigator who speaks English and the lesson went really well, but I could not for the life of me remember the word "sacrament" in English... hahah I was like santa cena.. uhh dang I can’t remember. But in the end my Latino companion told me the word :) haha. Then we tried to visit Alfredo but he had to work late so he wasn’t there, but it’s all good. He is so cool! On Saturday we did a baptism interview for some elders in our zone, then we had our activity for the 18 of Sept. (Independence Day of Chile). It was lots of fun. There was a huge BBQ and lots of fun games.:) Oh but on the note of the 9 week cambio, no the cambio after will be 3 weeks then back to normal 6 so it only affects those who go home this cambio!๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜ Also OH MY GOODNESS the doughnuts were so friggen good!! It was like Krispy Kreme!! hahaha but they turned out great and yeah everyone always wants me to cook now but I don’t have that much money or time for that matter... haha!!๐Ÿ˜ฅ

The weather here has been better this last week. We had more sun this last week but before that just like rain, rain, and more rain!!!๐Ÿ˜‚ but yeah it’s starting to get better. It’s still super cold but the sun is out more!!:) so that is good and it’s my last winter in Chile so I’m happy for that as well!!:) This week will be a little crazy. We have leaders conference tomorrow, then on Thursday a conferencia de zona, then on Saturday a baptism planned for the Elders of Antillanca!!:) haha so still crazy!!:) But yeah life is well. We just have to do what we can and have a good time doing it right, and help as many as we can!!!:)

:) I liked the gibberish from CJ!! haha you gotta tell that kid to write me!! haha but oh yeah that would be sweet to have that lemon bar recipe so please send it when you get it!:) That’s so sick that you saw the BJ crew. I’m glad they are doing good and I hope to hear from Jeff and them!:) but man that’s so cool (they said to tell him he has a job waiting when he gets home ๐Ÿ˜€) but I still have lots of time left here to help others and preach the gospel to other Chileans and help them come unto Christ!:)

What?? Freak that’s crazy… 10k! haha. I like walk that in a day, does that count??;) But nice job momma. I’m glad that you did such a great job and that you survived!! I loved the pics, and oh man that is so crazy. Chad is going in to the CCM in just a few weeks!! What are you gonna do momma??

Woah that sounds like such a great (multi-stake) broadcast! That is so cool and hey I just got to listen to Elder Stevenson here in January! He is such an amazing apostle and I really liked your thought that you shared from the other Seventy “When we offer a mighty prayer, we have a moment in the heavens." When we have and use our prayers daily, we will be with God and He will be with us. It is our chance to get out of where we are and get us closer to God. Also, last week I listened to a talk about teaching with the spirit and not once does it say in the Book of Mormon "teach the gospel" but it does say "preach the gospel". When you preach the gospel, the people who the spirit has prepared will listen and be given the desire to repent and change their lives!!:) I loved it!

Love you momma to infinity and beyond! Hope you have a great week!!:)

Love,
Elder Shawners


Moving luggage for cambios selfie...

View from our investigator's apartment

Decorations in downtown Osorno


In the Plaza de Armas :)





No comments:

Post a Comment