Monday, September 4, 2017

The 9 week cambio starts.... now!:)

Hey momma!! How are you doing this fine Monday morning and also happy Labor Day as well!!:) This last week was really awesome!!:) Our zone is doing really well. There really isn’t that much cambios here in Osorno but man it’s crazy. We have 26 new missionaries coming in and 10 leaving so we are gonna have a lot of work because we are in charge of all the missionaries who pass through Osorno (which is like half the mission). Because we are in Osorno so we are in the center of the mission!!:) haha so the next two days are gonna be crazy!!! But back to this last week… It was so sick to have the conference with Elder Bragg. He talked about a ton of stuff but he shared the 5 most used scriptures by the apostles in their talks. One of them I loved was Matthew 11:28 but I like 25 -30 as well.... but it is so true. If we trust in our Heavenly Father and his Son, he will provide for us and make our trials and burdens lighter. There was a ton more stuff. I’ll share the other scriptures next week, I forgot them in the house..

A cool thought that I had, I listen to talks all the times in the morning from past conferences and I don’t remember who it was but they were talking about faith.. and they said saints are sinners who keep on trying... so if we want to be saints, we have to make faith a principle of our religion. Because we are "the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" and if we take out our faith or if we stop trying, we are just "The church of Jesus Christ of latter day sinners...." It was an amazing talk!

Well your calculations are correct. There are cambios this next week so we will see how it goes, but yes me and Elder Arizmendi are staying together for another cambio!! haha so that will be sweet!!:) I'm super happy to be staying here. I also love this ward so it will be great!! :) But like I said earlier, it will be crazy getting everyone to their new zones. 

Woah that sounds like a crazy week and that is so crazy about Chad. He is leaving in 3 weeks!! I’m so happy for him!! That’s so cool that almost all the family went to the temple. I love our family!!:) haha but WHAT TREVOR AND ANDIE ARE MOVING???? I didn’t give them permission!! haha naw but man that’s so sad.. I’m going to visit them when I get back! Man I’m sad they’re not gonna be there. Also momma thank you for the thought that you shared. I loved it, thank you!!:)

I love you so much momma. Have a great week!! love you to infinity and beyond!!!

Love,
Elder Shawners




I'm guessing he really likes this tie hahaha :)



With Elder Bragg from the Seventy!

Homemade donuts -- brought to Chile from the Prepared Pantry :)

Mission Conference with Elder Bragg of the Seventy

No comments:

Post a Comment