Monday, December 4, 2017

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

First of all I hope your anniversary is amazing and you guys had a happy 30th anniversary!:) All is great here in the mission. I’m as happy as ever and it's been an awesome time here!!:) I love my companion Elder Longo. It’s amazing how well we get along. I’m teaching him English and he’s teaching me a little of Portuguese as well!!:) Also yeah... about the umbrella... I was just walking with it and it was kinda like a cool cane. But obviously I didn’t use it to put weight on it, I just walked with it in my hand. But I like tripped when I was walking and put a little bit of pressure on it and it just snapped... haha but it’s chill. It’s been super sunny here this last week. The Lord has been blessing us with some amazing weather lately!:)

This last week was really great! We found 2 families that we are starting to teach now. One of them was a reference from a member here in the ward. It is her brother and he just had a baby and wants to present him in the church and bless him. So it will be awesome to keep working with them and get them to come to church again!:) Also him and his wife and other child aren’t baptized. So we can help them to feel the light of Christ again and hopefully help them to be baptized as a family!:) With the other family, we were walking this last week, just walking to the house, and then I felt I should knock on this random house. A lady came out and only she was there with her daughter. We talked about Christ and prophets with her for just a bit and we are going back this next week to share when the husband is there!:) All is going great here. I love Christmas time and Jesus Christ!:) Isaiah 9:6!:)

But I’m glad that your last week was really good!:) I loved the photos that you sent to me from your and dad’s dinner and walk in temple square. It looks like so much fun!!:) That looks really cool the German Christmas Village that you went and visited in SLC!:) But also I absolutely loved your thought that you shared (from Elder W. Craig Zwick’s talk "Lord, Wilt Thou Cause That My Eyes May Be Opened"). It’s so true. The world would be such a better place if we could look at others through the eyes of Jesus Christ!:) but we have to do what we can for us first to start changing the world!:)

I love you to infinity and beyond momma!:!) Thank you so much for all that you do!!:) Also have fun in the snow and stay safe and love this season of Christmas!!:)

LOVE YOU MOMMA!
Shawners


Sweet view of the volcanos in Alerce!


Our house in Alerce

Service helping Hermana Claudia

We put all the stuff in this room (in the pic above too).

On the bus to Puerto Varas

Churrichanga

In the process of churrichanga

With the crew in Alerce



No comments:

Post a Comment