Monday, February 19, 2018

IT'S CAMBIO WEEK...

Hey momma how are you doing this fine Monday afternoon??:) This last week was so amazing!!:) I honestly can’t remember a whole lot that happened because it’s all just one fast blur; but let’s start with the Christofferson Conference!!:) Oh man it was soooooo good. I loved it. He didn’t really talk about any super deep doctrine but just reaffirmed a lot of doctrine and taught more about it!!:) It was really amazing and cool because he talked about a few things that I never really thought about. In one part he was saying that our mission as missionaries is to find and help people get to the celestial kingdom – because if we want any of the other 2 kingdoms, we don’t need the gospel. We just need to be good people and do our best.... so it’s about going above and beyond and trying to become really like our Father in Heaven – nothing less.:)

I’ll share more about that next week but that’s one part I thought was really cool. Oh hahaha and he said "Aun hasta lo mas tonto puede llegar a la reino telestial." haha!!!😂 (Translated it means: Even the most foolish can reach the telestial kingdom.) It was pretty funny that part. Also we had an FHE with the Family Alverado and a family of investigators of the other Elders in Alerce!:) It went really well, we talked about the Sabbath day. Then we also helped a family move out of their house this week, they went up north close to Concepción!:)

Oh and as for cambios.....well I will be leaving this graceful and beautiful land of Alerce....:/ but I got my wish... haha I am going to Puerto Natales, in Punta Arenas! So that will be really interesting to see how that goes!! I’m sad and excited! I kind of wanted to stay and finish here but it’s about what the Lord needs right?:) So I’m super excited and ready to do some work there!!💪

Woah that sounds like you guys had a really great week until you got to the news, but I’m not too worried. I trust in our Heavenly Father. He knows what’s best for every one of His children, but I hope that all results well!!:) That is true that prayer is one of the most powerful tools that we have!!! Thank you for sharing that quote and your thought momma! It’s so true! 

I hope you have an amazing week. Let me know how all is going and if I can do anything else to help!!;) Love you to infinity and beyond!!:) Have a great week!!:)

Love,
Elder Shawners

FHE with the family Sandoval

Conference with Elder Christofferson


Shawn and Pato!!!! (from Villarrica) at the conference.

At the conference with Elder Christofferson

The last chorrillana of Alerce.....😂

Fixing a ceiling tile I wrecked haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment