Monday, February 26, 2018

Killin' it with Elder Cuevas!!!

Hey mommmaa!!! How are you doing this fine Monday afternoon??:) Sorry me and my new companion Elder Cuevas went to "Torres Del Paine" well we went on a full day tour of the park and it was really sick!!:) Don’t worry I’ll send you lots of photos after!;) haha but well this last week was insane and full of lots of tears and goodbyes and getting to know new people.

After my email last Monday, I was saying goodbye to a few of the investigators and members in Alerce. It was sad almost every place I went they were crying... that’s the one sad part of the mission, but like you said the Lord needs us for specific reasons in the places where we are. But then I had the plane to Punta on Wednesday. We stayed in Punta Arenas until Thursday because we got there late and we had a reunion the next morning. Then on Thursday we came up to Puerto Natales.:) It’s 3 hours north of Punta Arenas, and may I say its SOOO BEAUTIFUL HERE! Haha it’s kinda weird. There is some parts that remind me a lot of Utah... but a lot more green. We also got to meet our mamita and a couple of our investigators Claudio and Froilem, they are such cool guys and I hope to be able to help them advance in their conversion!!:)

Then also on Sunday I introduced myself to the branch and they asked me to give a talk!!:) haha so I talked about the plan of salvation, more centered on Christ’s atonement and the sacrament and how it can help us endure to the end.:) (Our exaltation;) ) But it was a good talk and I really love this branch that I have met so far. They have about 45 people who are really active and are really excited to help out in member missionary work!!:)

Oh and today also with the Torres Del Paine park is my comps BIRTHDAY.!:) He is 19 today!! Also he is from California, Orange County and has 6 people in his family. His parents are from Mexico and he was born in the states!:) but he has 8 months in the mission and is a boss!!

Well that’s really good to hear about grandma, I hope that she can get everything cleared up real quick. Sorry momma I don’t have lots of time today... :( all the cybers were closed here so we had to come to the church quick to write!:) Tell everyone sorry and I'll write next week. And as for the package no worries, when I get home I can get it right? I just never know because Elder Cuevas is still waiting for his Christmas package... but thank you for your thought momma!:)

As for my thought during the conference with Elder Christofferson, I went with one of my questions, "What should I do after the mission?" haha no worries I’m not trunky but sometimes it’s stressing to think about that.... but then at the end of his time talking he was testifying to us and it was so cool he looked right at me and said "If you are faithful the Lord will always direct you in your decisions and path." I felt in that moment that the Lord was talking straight to me. It was pretty amazing.

I love you to infinity and beyond momma!! I hope you have a great week and let me know how it goes!!:)

Love you!!
Elder Shawners

Puerto Natales

Last pic in Alerce house

On the plane to Punta


Elder Cuevas!! :)


The famous foot in Puerto Natales

Puerto Natales

Puerto Natales

Rest of the pictures are from our P-Day trip to
 Torres Del Paine













No comments:

Post a Comment