Monday, October 17, 2016

Houston the Package Has Arrived...

First of all, that is awesome about the bathroom but please tell me you went to my work to get the new towel bars and stuff??? haha but needless to say yes it looks amazing!!! I love the new colors!!:) Also sorry about the package but I had to have a little fun (he told me it got lost, but then said just kidding), but thank you for not being too mad.:) OH MY GOODNESS I friggen loved my package and you guys did an amazing job putting it together.:) Thank you so much. I love everything you sent!!

Also I am doing very good, just enjoying another p-day here in beautiful Villarrica Chile.:) This past week was crazy! On Monday (last p-day) we helped with an activity for seminary in the church. Hence the picture and the guy in the middle is Sebastian. He lives in Osorno and returned from his mission like 2 weeks ago. He is a cool dude. He went to California for his mission Chinese speaking!!! He was in the MTC in Provo for 11 weeks to learn English then Chinese. But it was so cool to talk to him and hear all his experiences. Also this week we had inter-cambios with the zone leaders of Panguipulli and I went to Panguipulli with Elder Juarez. It was cool. We had some good lessons with some new investigators they have and I think they are progressing and learning well.:) On a sad note, we went and visited an old investigator during the day. She is really cool but having some problems in her marriage. So we listened to what she had to say and it was sad because she said there was no love between them but she doesn’t care for it to change, or she doesn’t want to try to fix it. So that was a little sad but I know things will get better for her with time!! Then on Thursday we went with Pato to the campo to eat lunch with his family, and we went and looked for these mushrooms they have here to eat in the campo but we couldn’t find them..:/ It was pouring rain and the umbrella you sent me broke as well... but it’s all good.:) It was a great week and I think we will have some new investigators this week if we can get citas (meetings), because we had some great contacts this last week.:) I continue to see the Lord bless us every day!!:) Also no new news on Sonia and Antonio yet...:/ It is hard to go and visit them because we have to go with a member in a car for like 40 min to get there.. but they are good still and continue to come to church. We just need to get them happily married!!:)

I’m glad you are reading and liking D&C. I love Doctrine and Covenants and I’m going to read section 88 this week so thank you!!:) But it is so amazing to me all of the additional info and revelation we have in these chapters!!:) Also as for the primary we have a few kids but not enough to do a program. But I love the little kids here they are so funny and crazy!! I’ll have to try and send pics of them!! It’s insane I now have 6 months in the mission this Wednesday, but I am getting better in the area of Spanish. It’s not perfect but getting better!!:)

WOW that is crazy about the kitchen and the bathroom!! But I loved the bathroom. It’s gonna be really weird after the mission! haha but also that reminds me, the photo of my companion, he now has 31 days left in the mission!! He is going to die!! haha

I feel like I’m getting better in my Spanish. It’s still hard at times but I’m getting better.:) Me and Elder Medina are working hard and don’t worry we are going to go out and help;) convert people. Because the Holy Ghost is the one that does the real teaching and converting. We are just the instruments in the Lord’s hands.:) My thought this week is from John 14:6. It is only through Jesus Christ that we can return to our Heavenly Father. Jesus Christ is the light and the way to eternal life.:)

Love you momma and hope you have an amazing week!!:) Also thank you for the reminder to back up my camera!!;) Keep up the great example and the happiness that you have. It is a light to everyone around you!!:)

Love you momma!!
Elder Shawners Spencer


Halloween Package 2016

I think he likes it :)

Shawn, Sebastian, Elder Medina at a seminary activity.

Elder Medina who has only 31 days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment