Monday, October 23, 2017

Friggen Chacai....

Hey momma, how are you doing this fine Monday????:) I am doing very well today and things here in Chile are crazy as always but awesome too!!!:) This last week was actually super crazy.. hahah. It started normal, we had an intercambio with the assistants to President on Tuesday and it was really cool. I was with Elder Martinez and we stayed in his sector. And my favorite part of this intercambio, aside from just getting to know and work with Elder Martinez, was we taught classes of English. It was a really good class and everyone was laughing and participating which doesn’t always happen... haha but it was super cool. Then idk I can’t really remember what else happened before Thursday... well we also were doing the contract to change houses in Osorno at the end of this month.. but now I don’t have to worry about it!!!:) Then Thursday morning comes and I was just starting insanity and Pres Isom called.. and he said, "Hey elder we have a situation and you have sober cambios... and I need you to do it today.."

So I spent the morning packing and getting ready and called the Hermana Macarena and I thought she was going to cry... Then we ate with them and right after we got on the bus to Alerce!! Now my new comp is Elder Amaya and he is from Barrenquia, Colombia!!! He is such an awesome missionary and super funny as well.:) We get together really well!!:) Also we had a baptism here in Alerce and his name was Juan Ignacio!!! He is so cool. He has Asperger’s... but he was so ready to be baptized and I’m just glad I had the chance to know him!!:) I’m liking it here!:), but yeah I was very sad to leave Osorno. Idk I never thought it would be so hard to leave... I hate that part haha. It gets harder and harder to leave my sectors because I just love the people more and more in every place that I go!

Oh also to explain a little as well, Chacai is a plant here that is friggen everywhere in Puerto Montt and Puerto Varas. And so... the elder that was here had a really bad allergy to it and went to the hospital.. so that was the reason for the cambio... haha:) I’m glad that you like the lama sweater. We were going to take a big foto together this Monday but I kinda got transferred... haha but I have one as well!!:)

I’m glad that you got home from your trip good and that you are really liking your new work!! I feel like this company will be awesome for you!!!:) Thank you for your thought. (My thought was from Elder John C. Pingree’s talk "I Have a Work for Thee." In the talk he said that every one of us has a meaningful role to play in furthering God's work. And quoting from President Russell M. Nelson he said: “The Lord needs you to change the world. As you accept and follow His will for you, you will find yourself accomplishing the impossible.") I know it is true. The word impossible literally says in the word "I’m possible"!!! hahah but thank you so much momma and I love you so much!!! Also this week has been so cool. I have started to realize how much I like to be zone leader, not for the position or for the authority but for the opportunity I have to serve and help other missionaries. I feel like if I can help them be more positive, have the desire to work and to try to help them see what they are doing is an amazing work and the Lord is happy with us and will prepare the way, that I am doing what the Lord has sent me here to do!!! I love that feeling!!! 😄

Love you to infinity and beyond momma!! Hope you have an amazing week!!!!

Love,
Shawners
In his new area Alerce

Shawn and Elder Amaya




The yellow plant in this picture is the dreaded chacai
that the other Elder was allergic to.



Last few days in Osorno

Part of the zone in Osorno

Shawn with Hermana Macarena and family!

Boarding the bus to Alerce


No comments:

Post a Comment