Monday, October 9, 2017

Voyage to Volcano Osorno y Saltos del Petrohué

Well first off can I just say haha yeah time is flying by faster and faster but I’m just here enjoying every second and trying to do what I can to share this marvelous message of the restored gospel to those in Osorno, Chile!:) But how are you doing my fabulous momma??:) It sounds like your past week was pretty spectacular and you seem to be getting along ok without your boys in the house for the moment!;) This last week was really good for us as well. So we talked with the Hna Maria and she said that she is going to talk with her granddaughter to see when she is coming up from Chiloé to watch her baptism!!:) So that is good and we are going to meet with her tomorrow and see when she is going to be here to do it!:)

Also Alfredo, Beantony, and Gladys are doing well. We had a great lesson about the Book of Mormon and the fact that it just testifies more of Jesus Christ. Alfredo and Gladys are amazing and want to keep progressing but Beantony is a little more tuff haha. He just knows the Bible really well and has a ton of questions... but I just think he thinks that a church so perfectly formed (like in terms of how Christ’s was) today doesn’t exist.:/ But that is the reason we are here!:) I think we are going to start teaching Beantony apart from them. Then Valeska, a less active we have been working with, came to church this last weekend so that was awesome; but she didn’t come with her 2 kids so we are going to visit her this week and invite her to come with the whole family!:) Also this coming weekend we have a "Capilla Abierta" in the ward in Franke so we are helping with that!:) It is an event to help the people of Osorno to get to know the church so it will be cool to help with that, and it’s a great way to get new references!!:)

That’s so cool that you finally heard from Chad. I’m glad that he is loving the MTC but I hope that he can write me this week!!:) But that is so cool and you’ll have to tell me when he is coming to my mission in November (an Elder from Chad’s district in the MTC) because there are 2 cambios in November.

I love that quote that you passed me!! “A moment of pain is worth a lifetime of glory!” That is a sick quote!!:) And thank you for your other thought as well. It is so true that it’s never going to be easy but it will be worth it!! So for that we follow and we stay as close to Christ and our savior as humanly possible!!:) I love you so much momma and thank you and it’s true God knows all… that’s why it was such a long time until you could find this job because God had something greater planned!!:)

Love you so much momma and sorry tell everybody else I didn’t have time to write! but I love you to infinity and beyond!!:)

Love,
Elder Shawners

Here are the pictures from their "voyage" today. Shawn said when they first got to the volcano, it was a blizzard -- and he was loving it!!!!. Forty-five minutes later the skies cleared and it was sunny.







































No comments:

Post a Comment