Monday, June 5, 2017

How time flies when working with the Lord....

Hey momma, how are you doing this fine first Monday of June?:) As for me in Ancud, Chiloé it’s been a really awesome week here! And honestly time is flying by, it’s insane!! But I’m glad that you liked my experience that I shared about Rosita. We had some bad news with her this last week. Her dad who lives with her came back from his work trip and he doesn’t want us in his house.. but the good side is that she lives close to Jaime so maybe we can do the lessons at his house!:) As far as our investigators, the sister Ana (Jaime’s wife) is progressing really well. She is super close to baptism but she just needs a little extra push. She knows it’s all true and has a great testimony but is just a little stubborn and is a little scared. But we are close with her I know it!:) Also we visited Carla Mateo, a single mother with 3 little girls and she is progressing really well. She is reading a little in her Book of Mormon which is awesome because she almost has no time as a single mother... haha. I imagine you know how she feels with the kids, and even more she is alone because here pareja (partner) is at sea till December.

And for your thought provoking question, we had a super amazing lesson with a recent convert Adolfina. She is a grandma and is super amazing. This last week we decided to go visit her with a member who I didn’t know; and the day we went, sister Adolfina’s son lost his job. So she was super worried, and the member helped her with info she didn’t know about so she was super happy!!:) Then the video I had picked was just what she needed to hear. It was so cool to watch everything work out the way it did!!:) Also, this last weekend in church I taught about repentance and a big part we talked about was that we have to be humble enough to see our faults, accept them and want to change and get better. But if we are prideful, we won’t be forgiven. So in order to progress, we have to be humble and follow the Lord.

Yeah this last week the weather has been getting super cold and rainy!! But we are going to get a fireplace for our house so we don’t have to worry about being cold! That’s crazy about the hot weather there. Well I guess it’s the normal weather there.. haha. That is so cool that you got to go to the temple, and that is so true, I love living in Utah as well because there are so many temples so close!! Man that’s crazy about grandpa. I hope that all goes well and that he recuperates fast!!:) When will his surgery be?? Yeah maybe he should change his name to that!!;) haha (When dad and I were talking about all his surgeries he said that maybe he should change his middle name to surgery...)

I loved the pic you sent and that’s super cool that you all could go to Seven Peaks. Also I loved your thought that you sent and I love the end of that last quote that with God we can become something much better than we can without him. I love that. Thank you momma!!:) "Our only concern should be to do better than we did yesterday. Step by step is the law of growth. God does not expect the acorn to be a mighty oak before it has been a sapling." -George E. Carpenter. This is my thought. I really liked it because this life is a place of growing and spiritual tests; and as long as we are doing our best to get better, we are going in the right direction.

I hope everything is going well for you momma. I love you so much. I hope you have a great week and let me know how it goes!

Te amo hasta la eternidad y de vuelta!!:)
Elder Shawners Spencer

Service project!

Helping our papito fix his garage door

This is our papito :).


Elder Arizmendis' birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment