Monday, January 23, 2017

Hola y Feliz Lunes!!:)

Hi momma how are you doing!? As for me I am doing well here in Quellón and I had a very awesome Sunday and day today as well.:) Yes this last week was crazy. We had the intercambio with Chaitén (the elders in my district) here in Quellón so it was more like divisions but it was so cool. We had a ton of success with Elder Braddock and Camargo here (foto included below). But we went and talked with a menos (less) active family in our branch, then they were at church this Sunday and apparently are now working to go to the temple again. That was so cool to see the change in them (the Vargas family) and see how the spirit helped them!:) Also Elder Camargo and my comp Muirhead found a new guy that just came up and started talking to them! So hopefully we can go meet with him tonight!:) Also when I was with Elder Braddock, we went to one of his old investigators, Fabian, and taught him.:) So we will see if he can continue to gain interest and change his life. Ahh man a TON HAPPENED… sorry one more.. also when I was with Braddock, we went to an old convert of his and she has been inactive for a while, but we talked with her and she is so cool! She loved to see Braddock and we had a great discussion about the love of Christ. So hopefully we can continue to help her build up her faith again!!:)

After intercambios with Chaitén, we didn’t do intercambios with the zone leaders.. but we will do them this week!:) Then Thursday we had Hortencia’s baptism interview. Then on Friday we meet with Jaime and oh man he is so bomb!! He wants to be baptized so bad so we set him with a fecha (date) for the 11 of Feb to be baptized because he needs 2 more church assistances to get baptized. Then on Saturday for Hortencia’s baptism, Jaime came with us! (pic on the bus with Muirhead, Jaime, me, and Waldo our branch mission leader!!:) So on Saturday we went to Castro and had Hortencia’s baptism!!:) It was so cool for her and she was so happy. Also my son baptized her!!!;) haha I’m Muirheads (MOM) haha. Then on Sunday I got to confirm her a member of the church!!:) sorry that’s a lot of info.... haha

Yes I am the district leader here and it is a small district - just us and Chaitén! and we have to do our district meetings through Skype (other pic) but it is fun and that is why the intercambio was so fun because Chaitén never gets to leave that little basically island. Chaitén is like super isolated so you can only arrive by boat and I think on a sketchy road form Argentina... so they came in boat here and next cambio if I’m here we get to go in a boat there!!:) Usually intercambios work like that, one comes here, one goes there; but because they are 5 hours away by boat, they both come here and basically we just do divisions not "intercambios" technically... hahaha

Wow that sounds like a crazy week! Also that is so cool about Forest!! Let him know I say congrats and please send me some fotos!!:) but I’m so happy for him. and also dang I love your work!!:) That is sweet that you and Chad got to go do that!!:) Oh man that is insane about the snow and you say that your gonna get more? Dang it, why is it always when I leave?? haha naw but that’s sweet but stay safe yeah?!

Woah that sounds like a sweet thought I’m definitely gonna go and read that! It is so true. I love Jesus Christ and I know that through him, I can do anything. He is the vine and we are his branches John 15:5. I can’t wait till the day when I can see him face to face and give him a huge bear hug. But until then I’ll continue preaching his teachings and helping others come unto him. Love you momma and stay safe with all the snow and crazy people out there!! I hope that your day is awesome and that your week is even better!!:) Keep being my beautiful momma!;)

Love you to forever and back!
Elder Shawners ​Spencer

P.S. a circus came to town (me with my frozen girls) and Tarzan











No comments:

Post a Comment