Monday, July 3, 2017

Demolition For Service...

Hey there mamma and hey ya'll in Duchesne. How are you doing this fine Monday morning?:) As for me and my comp here in Osorno de Chile, we are doing really good!!:) This last week we had a ton of walking and contacting so it’s been fun! They closed down the hermanas sector here in Centro so now we have both of them, and we are trying to find all their old investigators and contacts!:) so that’s been really fun. Also we had intercambios with the elders in the sector Ovejería this week and I got to go there with Elder Sevy! It was awesome to serve and work with him. We were cutting wood like all day for different people, then we had a noche de hogar (family home evening) about the Restoration and it went really well!:)

My comp stayed in Centro and did a service project ripping apart an old house behind one of the member’s houses! It is so dirty and disgusting and filled with spiders, but it’s fun to destroy the walls and stuff. I say we because we went back later that week to continue the destruction project.:) Also, later last week as well we had a family home evening and I showed the sister Macarena Muñoz how to make our chocolate chip cookies and they were so bomb! She was so happy!!:) She’s gonna show me how to make pie de limon this week!!:) haha

Me and Elder Gledhill get along way too well it’s so awesome!:) One thing I have learned from him so far is diligence and more than anything just a love for the work. He is going to finish the mission this cambio. He is just an awesome missionary and he wants to keep working and learning until the end!:) so it’s been really cool to be with him. Also we have 14 missionaries in our zone.:) In our ward like 65 people who usually go and like 350 on the rejistros of our ward so we gotta find em!! Compared to Ancud, Osorno is actually the same but smaller area here are more members.:)

Whoa that is so crazy. I can’t imagine all of the stuff that you guys pulled out of that house!! Did you save me anything cool??;) haha naw but man I wish I could have gone and helped you but I’m glad that you could go and get it all cleaned up!!:) I loved the fotos that you sent from there. Can we please go back after I get back? haha

Dang I’m sorry that you guys can’t do fireworks!! There better be lots of water next year so that we can do them!!;) I would be so sad if we couldn’t! but I’m glad that you can still do the breakfast. I’ll be there most definitely next time!!:) haha I love doing that! but send lots of fotos please!:)

I love that thought!:) It’s so true. If we want to be holy and more spiritual, we have to give more time for that. It’s so true, what you leave time for shows your desires and what’s important to you. I was reading in D&C 112: 6-11,14,17,19,28-29,33-34 some of them are good. If you wanna give like some good palos (??), but I really like in 17 how it says that we can "unlock doors" in the places or hearts of people. You don’t need to be a missionary to share the gospel, you just have to have the gospel open in your heart so that people can see your example and feel of the truthfulness of our church.:) Love you so much momma and I hope you have such a great week!!:)

Love you to infinity and beyond!
Elder Shawners Spencer

FHE in intercambio

Church building in Osorno

In Fruna with the penalty kicks in Chile's game

Our district in Osorno

Service demolition

Service demolition

We went to Entre Lagos for inspections! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment